The theme of the residential architecture is particularly popular with Archzine. That's why today we are dealing with an elaborate housing variant - the attic. We have already published an article on "Setting up an attic apartment" and would like to make a return in this direction. But this time it is not so much about the individual rooms and their furnishings, but now we discuss:
- Advantages and disadvantages of a mansard apartment
- the colors and furniture that are recommended in the room design
- Decorations and interior designs to astonish
- and much more…
We also supply another can of inspiration for setting up and decorating a mansard by selecting and presenting over 100 unique pictures. As you scroll, you'll discover everything we've prepared for you. Have fun!
Your dream apartment - a spacious mansard
Have you asked yourself why you should live in a garret apartment? If not, we have some suggestions for you here.
1. These apartments are often cheaper and despite the sloping roofs they offer a larger squaring. Namely, the sloping walls are designed to give your creativity a free rein and to conceive various furniture and designer designs that best suit your home.
Simple and modern design with plenty of space for guests and friends
2. Living on the last floor has many aspects in relation to the neighbors: there is no one who disturbs you from above with noise or something else. And if someone lives in the lower floor, it will give you extra heat at home, which can only be beneficial in winter.
Nobody will disturb your quiet sleep
3. Here is the talk of heat and cold. The temperature in your home is the only drawback of a mansard - in summer it could get really hot and in winter - colder than in any other apartment. These effects are due to the high position of the building, but they can be avoided or at least mitigated by means of adequate insulation.
Cozy ambience in every season
4. The prospect is an undoubted plus. You would have a view over the region in which you live. In addition, most of the mansard apartments are equipped with terraces and balconies, which requires romance and cool parties under the open sky. You could still design a summer or winter garden there. A permanent view of the sky and the stars gives many people a feeling of freedom and contentment - if you are one of these people, then the attic is certainly the right choice for you.
A small but nice terrace
5. A natural light - this will provide your home with constant care. This allows you to select darker furniture and decorations and design several other designs according to your preferences.
The warm sunshine that caresses your face is the best alarm clock in the world
6. An important aspect of living in mansard is the possible formation of moisture. In order to avoid such inconvenience, you should do an inspection with experts before the move and, if necessary, also undertake the corresponding renovation.
The excess moisture can cause mold and other harmful effects - be sensible when it comes to the health of the whole family
7. Often, especially in older buildings, there are no lifts - accepting such a circumstance as a benefit or a disadvantage depends only on your attitude.
Why visit a gym if you can climb the stairs to your own apartment several times a day?
8. Last but not least, we remind you what kind of cozy flair this type of apartment offers. Many of them are also equipped with a fireplace and when it is already November, you probably think more or less about the upcoming winter festivals, right?
Cozy living atmosphere in every season
Now imagine the Christmas season. Hot drinks, warm ambience at home, happy music, sophisticated atmosphere and festive decoration. You stand by the window and enjoy the falling snowflakes - sounds like magic! If you find this scenario difficult to imagine, remember the joy of children and teenagers - they can truly appreciate such moments. Otherwise a mansard offers even more possibilities for cozy and romantic evenings. For example, drink wine and talk sweet words in the summer on the terrace with friends or partner.
The morning coffee tastes much better with this view
Great, spacious, bright and wide. Such is an attic apartment. Laying the bed under a skylight is particularly romantic - you would feel like being in seventh heaven (especially when the outside is raining or snowing).
"My home, my paradise"
Are there any other advantages of such an apartment? Yes of course! The people who work at home could put the desk back under a skylight - that provides inspiration, a touch to nature and motivates better results in the thinking and working process.
Direct sunlight supplies the organism with vitamin D.
The children's room in a loft apartment delights the little ones. The reasons are so much that we do not have enough room to list here. You'd better ask your offspring yourself.
Idea for children's room in an attic apartment
And in a kitchen opens up the possibilities for several "secret" drawers on the sloping roof.
In the bathroom you may like to have windows - most likely there is no one who could look from above.
If you have a maisonette, then you can make a relaxation room on the upper floor. Many people like to own their own gym - the roof floor offers this opportunity. Game room, party room, sports hall or an additional bedroom? You decide for yourself, but you should think about the ideas in advance and decide for the best.
Watch sports with friends ...
... doing sports in the private gym
Or simply design a relaxation area at home
Have we provoked your interest? Namely in terms of inspiration and ideas we are professionals. Keep scrolling to collect color designs and suggestions for beautifying the interior.
If you want a very bright apartment, then you should decorate in white, beige and mild pastel colors
Idea for the living area
And a bright bathroom
Light gray, golden, sky blue and mint green are among the appropriate tones in this regard
Why not make a black and white mansard - these colors and designs are great
The wall and floor designs in orange and brown are also permitted in the attics and give the apartment a natural touch
The dark furniture combined with the dark colors of the walls and floors in the attic stifles the bright natural light that otherwise enters every room. In this way, you achieve a cozy romantic atmosphere, which is particularly good in the bedroom enrolls.
What do you think of a super colorful apartment? Looks cheerful and exotic, right?
The oriental rug finds room everywhere - especially in the homes of artists
A gray bedroom from two perspectives
Here you can collect some additional interior design ideas that would be suitable for each type of apartment